I’ve started blogging again! I plan to completely change my approach this time, but I think that can all be explained later.
For now, it’s the 31st of December and that can mean only one thing – New Year’s Resolutions. I know it’s a massive cliche and everyone does it, and blah blah blah but I genuinely love the idea of ‘a fresh start’ and I’m not hurting anyone by choosing this time of year to try and change some things!
Something I’ve done on every blog I’ve owned is first look back at my old resolutions for the previous year to see if I managed to keep them. Last year, I only set six, thinking that would encourage me to keep up with them… Not sure if it worked!
1. Drink more water and eat healthier – I tried, I failed. I go through phases of this, unfortunately none of them last very long!
2. Get into some sort of exercise routine and get to a weight you feel happier with – Same as above! In fact, I think I’ve put on weight this year.. (I definitely have). But I’ve become more comfortable with not being super skinny so maybe that’s not a bad thing?
3. Try harder in Semester 2 of University – 100% yes. I did this, and it showed, and I’m proud. (If only I wasn’t so worried about my upcoming exams)
4. Do more things – Stop saying no to everything. Start saying yes to things you know will be fun and you know you’ll regret missing out on. – Sort of? I mean I did a lot of things that scared me and made me anxious but not super huge things
5. Earn more money – Kinda, but it’s difficult when you’re juggling work with a degree.
6. Spend more money – Did well. Went on lots of trips, nights out and even a holiday. And still managed to more than double my earned savings. Not bad.
I’m going to carry over a couple of those for this year but also add a couple of new things in as well that I think are super important as well as some things to do to make me enjoy life a bit more! So without further ado, here are my New Year’s Resolutions for 2015!
Get into exercise more. This is something I really need to do, as I get bored of exercise so easily. I’m hoping to get into swimming again, maybe start up running and maybe even go to the gym a little. I’m not setting my hopes too high, but getting into a routine of some kind would be nice.
Look after yourself! I need to get into a serious routine of looking after myself as well! Skin care, eating healthily, drinking water and having less chocolate. No, not dieting, just being better.
Play the ukulele more. Okay, seriously, I got a ukulele a few years ago and I can play enough to fool people into thinking I know what I’m doing, but I need to stop letting it gather notes and pick the damn thing up because it’s so fun!
Blog and journal more. At least once a week. It’s soo therapeutic and will be so good to look back on in a while.
Do more stuff! Travel more, say yes to things, do things that you’re a little scared of. I’m sick of letting opportunities pass me by because I’m a coward.
Learn to love myself. I’d love by the end of 2015 to be able to look into a mirror and not pick myself apart. This is the ultimate goal and the most important of these 6.
Now, I really don’t mind if I don’t stick to these – I’d love to but I’m not setting my expectations too high. I’ll be happy if I stick to half of them, but would love to stick to the last one especially.
What are you some of your resolutions this year?
Happy New Year to you all, and here’s to the ever cringey fresh start!
(I shall start blogging regulary after my exams so expect posts from late January! See you then!)